CNC Plasma Cutter
Manufacturer: A2 MechShop, HyperTherm
Model: CNC Plasma Cutter Gantry, Model 45 Plasma Cutter
Maker Works’ CNC plasma cutter combines the cutting abilities of a HyperTherm 45 plasma cutter with a precision CNC gantry system built at the A2 MechShop. It can cut intricate shapes out of sheet metal from very thin gauges to over 1/2″ thick. Hardness of material does not matter. LinuxCNC is used as the CNC control software, and a hardware torch height controller continuously monitors torch height. Use SheetCam to convert DXF files (generated by Inkscape, AutoCAD, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) for use on the CNC plasma cutter.
Don't see your desired class on the schedule?
Ask us to schedule a class.
We can also do private sessions!
Use this calendar to register for a class.
Use this calendar to reserve time on this tool.
- Plasma Cutter Modified HyperTherm 45
- Maximum thickness 3/4″ (1/2″ recommended)
- Maximum speed 380 inch/minute
- Kerf width 0.030″ to 0.060″ (depends on materials, etc.)
- 100% duty cycle 32A
- 50% duty cycle 45A (10 minute interval)
- Cutting area greater than 48″ x 48″