Epilog Laser (50 watt)
Model: Helix 50 Watt
Laser engravers are extremely versatile, powerful, and easy to use. They are among the most popular tools at Maker Works. These CO2 lasers are capable of cutting, engraving, and marking a wide range of materials. The lasers appear as printers under Windows (you can install the drivers on your own laptop and print over our network to the lasers!). Use Corel Draw, Inkscape, or a variety of vector graphics programs to produce artwork. A rotary attachment allows engraving cylindrical objects such as glasses.
Don't see your desired class on the schedule?
Ask us to schedule a class.
We can also do private sessions!
Use this calendar to register for a class.
Use this calendar to reserve time on Laser A (24x12).
Use this calendar to reserve time on Laser B (24x18).
Use this calendar to reserve time on the Laser Rotary Attachment.
- Engraving Area 24″ x 18″ (610 x 457 mm), 24″ x 12″
- Maximum Material Depth 8.5″ (216 mm), 6″
- Maximum Material Depth with Table Removed 11″ (279 mm) 23.5″ x 17″ (597 x 432 mm) engraving area.
- Laser Wattage 50 watts
- Laser Source State-of-the-art, digitally controlled, air-cooled CO2 laser tubes are fully modular, permanently aligned and field replaceable
- Intelligent Memory Buffer - Store unlimited files up to 64 MB. Rolling buffer allows files of any size to be engraved.
- Permanent Job Save at the Laser Store up to 10 jobs at the laser, each up to 2 MB in size.
- Air Assist Attach an air compressor to our included Air Assist to remove heat and combustible gasses from the cutting surface by directing a constant stream of compressed air across the cutting surface.
- Laser Dashboard The Laser Dashboard™ controls your Epilog Laser’s settings from a wide range of software packages – from design programs to spreadsheet applications to CAD drawing packages
- Red Dot Pointer Since the laser beam is invisible, the Red Dot Pointer on Epilog’s Laser Systems allows you to have a visual reference for locating where the laser will fire
- Relocate-able Home When engraving items that are not easily placed at the top corner of the laser, you can set a new home position by hand with the convenient Moveable Home Position feature on the Legend Elite Lasers.
- Operating Modes Optimized raster, vector or combined modes with engraving and cutting in one job.
- Motion Control System High-speed, continuous-loop, DC servomotors using linear and rotary encoder technology for precise positioning.
- X-Axis Bearings Ground and polished stainless steel NeverWear Bearing System.
- Belts Advanced B-style Kevlar Belts
- Resolution User controlled from 75 to 1200 dpi
- Speed and Power Control Computer or manually control speed and power in 1% increments to 100%. Vector color mapping links speed, power and focus to any RGB color.
- Print Interface 10 Base-T Ethernet or USB Connection. Compatible with Windows® XP/Vista/7
- Size (W x D x H) 36.5″ x 32″ x 39.8″ (927 x 813 x 1011 mm)
- Weight 180 lbs. (82 kg)
- Electrical Requirements Auto-switching power supply accommodates 110 to 240 volts, 50 or 60 Hz, single phase, 15 amp AC.
- Super-Silent™ Cooling Fans – Normal Sound Level 62 db
- Ventilation System External exhaust or internal filtration system is required. There is one output port, 4″ in diameter.
- Laser System Classification Class 2 Laser Product – 1 mW CW Maximum 600-700 nm.