Formlabs Form 2 SLA 3D Printer
This printer uses special liquid resin that hardens when hit by a laser. This stereolithography process is capable of very high resolution prints in a variety of resin types, including:
- standard resins (grey, white, black, other colors)
- castable (can be burned out, as in lost-wax jewelry processes)
Print your own designs (from scanning a 3D object using our 3D scanner, or from your 3D CAD models) or download models from websites like thingiverse.com or pinshape.com.
You may bring your own resin and tray (including third-party resins), or use resin from Maker Works and pay for the amount used.
Accessories include the Form Wash and the Form Cure machines.
- Build volume: 145mm x 145mm x 175mm / 5.7" x 5.7" x 6.8"
- Laser spot size: 140 microns (0.14mm) / 0.0055"
- Layer height: 25 - 100 microns (0.025mm - 0.1mm) / 0.00098" - 0.0039"
- Print speed: Varies with the model being printed, but roughly 1-3 cm/hr along the Z (height) axis. (PreForm software will provide a reasonable estimate.)
Take our checkout class to be certified to use this tool.