MakerBot Replicator 2X 3D Printer
Manufacturer: MakerBot Industries
Model: Replicator 2X
The Makerbot Replicator 2X is a 3D printer that creates objects using extruded plastic–the so-called fused filament fabrication (FFF) method. Plastic filament, about 1/16” in diameter, is pushed into a heated chamber and extruded out through a thin nozzle. At the same time, a platform is moved underneath to deposit the extruded plastic in such a way to build up shapes. You can think of it as a “computerized hot-glue gun for plastic.”
Don't see your desired class on the schedule?
Ask us to schedule a class.
We can also do private sessions!
Use this calendar to register for a class.
Use this calendar to reserve time on this tool.
- Print volume: X = 9.7”, Y = 6.4”, Z = 6.1” (246mm x 163mm x 155mm)
- Layer height settings:
- High = 100 micron (0.1mm, 0.0039”)
- Standard = 200 microns (0.2mm, 0.0079”)
- Low = 300 microns (0.3mm, 0.0118”)
- Position accuracy: X, Y = 11 microns (0.011mm, 0.0004”); Z = 2.5 microns (0.0025mm, 0.0001”)
- Feedstock: 1.75mm (0.069”) diameter, ABS
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm (0.015”)
- SD card: FAT16 format, maximum of 2GB
- Time to print (heating from cold): about 11 minutes
- See the MakerBot.com website for online manual.