Oliver Model 159 12″ Wood Lathe
Model: Model 159
The Oliver Model 159 wood lathe is capable of turning objects to 12″ in diameter and 24″ between centers. Use it for turning long items (“spindle turning”) or flatter objects like bowls.
Maker Works provides four different carbide-insert tools, plus a few HSS tools like gouge, parting tool, and skew.
Don't see your desired class on the schedule?
Ask us to schedule a class.
We can also do private sessions!
Use this calendar to register for a class.
Use this calendar to reserve time on this tool.
- Model: 159 (believed to be pre-1950’s, may be model 159A)
- Maximum turning diameter (swing): 12”
- Distance between centers: 24”
- Spindle thread: 1-1/8” 8 TPI
- (Adapter is available that provides 1-½” 8 TPI, a standard metal lathe thread)
- Spindle taper: MT2 (Morse Taper No. 2, very common)
- Diameter through spindle: 37/64”
- Motor size: ¾ HP
- Speed range: 800 to 2750 RPM (approx.)
- Tailstock taper: MT2 (Morse Taper No. 2)
- Tailstock spindle travel: 4”