So how does Membership work?
Think of Maker Works as a workshop run like a health club. Buy membership by the day, month, or year, come in and make stuff. The major points are:
- For any machine where you could hurt yourself, others, or the machine, we have a mandatory checkout class. In this class we’ll cover safety and basic operation.
- The use of the shop for production needs to be cleared with staff. We can't always accommodate production on our machines.
- Tools can be reserved, one reservation per tool per day.
- There is no hourly charge for machine use, but we do charge for large format prints and for the bobbin thread on the embroidery machine.
- We have a few items available for retail sale--vinyl for the vinyl cutter, pewter for casting, etc.--but you can bring your own, too. Most other materials members will bring in. Ask us for local sources.
How much does membership cost?
$300 for 10 visits
Family (2 Adults)
* All Hours membership has additional prerequisites.