Learn techniques to improve your costume creation skills such as digitally designing your costume, prototyping your design, and using EVA foam. Explore options such as laser cutting, vacuum forming, and machine embroidery to create professional quality costumes. Some techniques will be demonstrated.
Topics Tim Tsai will cover:
- Working with EVA foam using basic hand tools, including cutting, beveling, gluing, seam sealing, finishing, and painting.
- Attaching straps and buckles to EVA foam costume.
- Creating digital patterns from photographs and 3D models, then using tools like the laser cutter to fabricate costume parts.
- Techniques to stop making costly mistakes and avoid wasting materials and time.
- How to use MakerWorks tools to create professional quality costumes.
This event is $5 to non-members, free to Maker Works members (use code "MEMBER-5" when you register to get the member rate).