Whether it's a wood lathe that a woodworker from a hundred years ago would recognize, or a computerized router capable of machining the latest aerodynamic shapes, our classes provide a step-by-step set of operations so you can realize your project.
+ Checkout? Skill Development? Make-N-Take? What are these?
- Checkout - a safety class that is required before you use the tools covered on your own. No prior experience is necessary and the class is required whether you have 50 years' experience or zero.
- Skill Development - an optional class to increase your knowledge in an area
- Make-N-Take - a class with the focus on making an object for you to take
+ What tools require me to take a class?
Everything in the woodshop except the hand tools requires a class.
+ What tools can I use without taking a class?
The hand tools do not require a class.
+ Do I need a membership? Should I take notes? Can I retake a class?
- No membership is required.
- No need to take notes, we have all the information documented in the SOPs (the Standard Operating Procedure manuals located at each tool).
- You can audit, for free, a class you've already taken as a refresher.