Learn to program the Arduino, an inexpensive and very popular tiny controller that lets everyone from artists and students to engineers incorporate interactivity or control in projects (think temperature control, logging rocket data, or automating a Halloween display). Or check into programming and interfacing the Raspberry Pi, another inexpensive controller that is as powerful as a laptop from not too long ago.
+ Checkout? Skill Development? Make-N-Take? What are these?
- Checkout - a safety class that is required before you use the tools covered on your own. No prior experience is necessary and the class is required whether you have 50 years' experience or zero.
- Skill Development - an optional class to increase your knowledge in an area
- Make-N-Take - a class with the focus on making an object for you to take
+ What tools require me to take a class?
+ What tools can I use without taking a class?
The soldering irons, test equipment, reflow oven, microscopes, and hand tools do not require a class. Please use the available SOPs (the Standard Operating Procedure manuals located at each tool) to make your project.
+ Do I need a membership? Should I take notes? Can I retake a class?
- No membership is required.
- No need to take notes, we have all the information documented in the SOPs (the Standard Operating Procedure manuals located at each tool).
- You can audit, for free, a class you've already taken as a refresher.